MIRMA provides its members with a single, comprehensive multiple-line insurance package. Individual lines of coverage cannot be obtained through the association. The coverage package includes the following:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Property including Flood and Earthquake
- General Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Inland Marine
- Crime and Employee Theft
- Public Officials Liability and Employment Practices Liability
- Paramedics, EMTs and First Responders Liability
- Law Enforcement Liability
- Airport Liability
- Boiler & Machinery
MIRMA provides an average of 6 on-site loss prevention visits per member each year. We work with each member to develop a loss prevention program that is tailored to fit the specific risks and political environment within your community. We also provide the following services at no additional costs to our members:
- Risk Management Awards Program – provides members an opportunity to receive a grant for up to 75% of the cost of items that will reduce their work comp or liability exposures
- On-site safety training
- On-site simulated situational shooting training for police
- Special seminars and workshops
- Manuals and newsletters
- Model policies on critical police tasks
- Online legal training for police and other departmental training
- Aquatic audit reimbursement
- Police department certification and accreditation reimbursement
- Safety video library
- Annual risk management conference
LIMITS AND DEDUCTIBLES
Click here to see MIRMA’s full list of coverage.
EXCESS INSURANCE PURCHASED
MIRMA purchases reinsurance or excess insurance for all lines of coverage provided, with the exception of Crime and Employment Practices Liability. This is done so no single catastrophic loss can damage the financial integrity of MIRMA.
MIRMA has a contract with Brentwood Services, Inc. (BSI) for claims administration services for all coverages other than workers’ compensation and employment practices liability. Brentwood provides MIRMA with a unit of adjusters that handle MIRMA claims in accordance with MIRMA standards and procedures. Brentwood’s office is located in the St. Louis area.
Workers’ compensation claims are managed by MIRMA staff, utilizing Brentwood’s claims administration system.
MIRMA has a contract with TransEleven Claims Managers for claims administration services for employment practices liability.
As Cyber Liability and Airport Liability coverages are provided by group purchase policies, the carriers administer cyber liability and airport liability claims directly.
MIRMA’s philosophy in administering claims is to accurately assess the liability for and the value of all claims. We vigorously defend those claims for which there is no liability and look to expeditiously and fairly settle those claims for which liability exists. MIRMA does not settle claims based solely on the most economical option available.
While MIRMA reserves the right to handle, defend or settle all claims, MIRMA welcomes the city’s input on all claims. Because personnel items can be very sensitive, MIRMA will get the approval of the involved city before settling any employment practices liability claim.